Monday, May 07, 2007

Ok ok...





So now that I've returned from all my crazy travels I've decided to continue doing some vis dev work on stuff that interests me. I'm trying to do something a little more classic looking and to make it easy on myself I started doing some character designs. I'm heavily influenced by the great Mary Blair. She is a genius that I think we still don't fully appreciate sometimes. She did graphic and stylized in a time where real was the order of the day. And she was a woman. Can't get much better than that. Also included here are a short study I did outside and a couple of paintings I did at the beach. I will never paint at the beach again unless I have a huge tarp draped over me to prevent the sand from blowing everywhere.
Hope you like.

4 Comments:

Blogger andy said...

Wow, really cool gouache sketches! That second one is particularly appealing, great stuff!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Sabine said...

Oh, I love this very much! I stumbled across your blog while looking for Mary Blair things. The girls are very cute, you have to make a picture book with them starring in it!
Very talented drawer you are!

2:07 AM  
Blogger Racuh said...

Beautimus dahling! You are so freaking talented I hate you a little. But in a good way.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Cartoon Creators said...

Wow, really cool stuff! Very cute
http://mocknboyd.blogspot.com/

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home